As Admin or Owner, you can add or delete users easily on the instance.
If you are a Manager using Butterfly, just reach out to your admin to help you edit your teams.
1. Adding Users
- Go to the 'People' icon on the left-hand side of your Butterfly dashboard, then click on the 'Actions' drop-down in the upper-right corner.
- The 'Add User' button allows you to add new users one by one, simply by entering their contact info, survey delivery id, like an email address or Slack email, and Unique Employer Identifier.
- The 'Import Users' button allows you to import as many users as you want using a CSV file.
- Please be precise while exporting your CSV file, our system is good at recognizing comma, semi-colon, and tab-separated files. Get in touch if you need help with this step.
2. Deleting and searching for users
- Use the search bar to search for users, including users who don't have any teams. Just enter the First, and or Last name into the search bar.
- Select users from your 'People' tab using the checkboxes on the left, then click on the "Action Button" to:
- Export selected users
- Delete selected users
- Use the drop-down list to search and filter for users in the 'Everyone' view.
3. Active and inactive users
- Active users can receive engagement surveys, custom pulses, feedback requests, invitations to chat and notifications (via email or slack) from Butterfly.
- Inactive users cannot receive engagement surveys, custom pulses, feedback requests, invitations to chat and notifications (via email or slack) from Butterfly. They do not affect the overall Butterfly Index and metrics of the organizational chart.