During each pulse employees will have the opportunity to leave comments and elaborate on their experiences. Our comment feature is a great way to listen to your team and begin dialogues. When an employee receives a comment any of their managers can instantly respond and let them know they’re being heard!
How to Access and Interact with Comments
- On your dashboard, navigate to the “Comments” tab
- Find the comment you’d like to interact with and select the purple square with the white cross
- Select “Reply”
- After reading the comment, you can type your response into the text box, click “Reply”, and you’ve begun communicating with the anonymous employee! (Remember, although employees will always remain anonymous they will see your name when you respond.)
Comments are a great way to learn more about how your team is feeling, source ideas, and open lines of communication. However, although they’re a powerful tool, it’s important to always encourage constructive commenting.
Motivating People to Leave Constructive Comments
When you first introduce Butterfly to your team follow these steps to ensure constructive commenting.
- Highlight comments as a tool that helps them elaborate on their experiences.
- Remind your team that they need to show the same professionalism that they utilize when speaking with a co-worker in the workplace.
- Explain to your team that non-professional comments will prohibit you from responding and the tool will lose its power as a result.
Because comments are anonymous, it's important that managers emphasize the continued need for professionalism.